The savvy traveller can find some decent Melville accommodation at value for money prices.
Prices quoted are for 1 room for 1 adult per night: (click on the price or link for an updated quote)
- Melville International Backpackers: Melville International Backpackers is an ideal base from which to explore the vibrant heart of gold in Africa, Johannesburg. We are conveniently located within easy walking distance to the famous 7th Avenue with its fantastic eateries, clubs, galleries, bookshops, off beat clothes shops, and music bars. R150.
- Pension Idube Budget B&B: Pension Idube is a charming early 1900s home in the leafy suburb of Auckland Park, Johannesburg. We are situated only four blocks from Melville’s trendy 7th Avenue with its cosmopolitan restaurants, bars, coffee shops, antique stores and craft shops. R240.
- 84 on Fourth Budget Guest House: If you are looking for a top-class guest house in Melville at budget bed and breakfast rates, then 84 on Fourth Budget Guest House is the ideal accommodation for you. This new guest house offers ultra-luxury rooms at affordable rates. Situated a stone’s throw from 7th Street, Melville’s main strip of restaurants, cafes, coffee bars, cocktail lounges, book stores and beautiful arty places, we have one of the best locations in Melville. R240.
- 84 on Fourth Budget Guest House: Life on 3rd is a trendy guesthouse conveniently situated in the cosmopolitan village of Melville in the heart of the Johannesburg Metropolitan area. With an atmosphere of tranquillity, guests can look forward to a relaxed and peaceful stay in a mix of fourteen, stylish and comfortable rooms either in the house or with private entrances. Tastefully decorated in earth tones and white and accented with red. A fresh understated décor with a relaxed ambience. Our wooden decked courtyard has casual outdoor seating where guests can enjoy soaking up the African Sun. All rooms have shared satellite TV and Wi-Fi. R295.
- Life On 3rd: For a home-away-from-home and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, the Melville Turret Guesthouse offers guests a choice of six en-suite rooms and two self-catering suites and a loft-room with a stunning view of the city, in Melville, Johannesburg. Only a short walk from 7th Street and the local nightlife of Melville. Secure parking, ADSL and Wireless internet access. Your breakfast consists of fruit juices, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, muesli & cereals, bacon, eggs, toast, cheese, jams & savory spreads and filter coffee & a variety of teas. R300.
- Melville Manor Guest House: Situated in the heart of vibrant Melville. Where historic attractions, lively entertainment and fabulous shopping are at your fingertips. Close to central JHB, Randburg and Rosebank. We are a three star Guest House with off-street parking, a delicious continental and cooked breakfast, a choice of rooms, a swimming pool, guest lounge, satelite TV, telephone, fax and Internet. R315.
- Arum Place Guest House: Arum Place Guest House and B&B offers accommodation in beautifully restored spacious rooms with wooden floors and steel pressed ceilings. This old house, which was originally built in 1935, is situated in a quiet area on the outskirts of cosmopolitan Melville. Guests are away from the hustle and bustle of Melville, but are still close enough to explore the abundance of small shops, cafes, curio shops, art galleries and trendy restaurants in the neighbourhood – a short drive of just over 1km. R350.
- Walton Manor: Walton Manor offers luxury accommodation for you and your family. A stones throw from the Johannesburg City centre, Walton Manor is close to the universities of Johannesburg and Wits, the Wits Business school, the SABC and Media Park and within easy walking distance to the vibrant village of Melville, with seventh Avenue’s many restaurants, coffee shops, galleries and bookstores. Easy access to main highways and a perfect location for both local and foreign travellers, be it business or pleasure. R350.
- Lynview Bed and Breakfast: Lynview is one of the original Melville homes with Oregon floors and pressed ceilings. It is ideally situated and well equipped for the busy executive and holidaymaker. Lynview lends itself to easy living offering three luxury suites and a garden cottage, opening onto an enclosed garden patio and has a distinctive French Provencal cottage appearance. R365.
- Kazimkaze: A stay at Kazimkaze is ‘being away from home but still feeling at home’. Kazimkaze is a newly established bed and breakfast situated in Hursthill, on the west of Johannesburg city centre. This beautifully renovated house, with its original pressed ceilings and wooden floors, is cosy and inviting. R399.