Sandton is an affluent area situated within the metro of Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. The name comes from the combination of two of its suburbs, Sandown and Bryanston. The Sandton area is one of the most opulent in Johannesburg and South Africa and therefore not one usually associated with cheap or budget accommodation.
The savvy traveller can find some decent Sandton accommodation at value for money prices, though.
Prices quoted are for 1 room for 1 adult per night: (click on the price or link for an updated quote)
- Gemini Backpackers Lodge: Set in a large garden with secure parking, swimming pool, tennis court, pub and a special dorm for ladies. We provide linen and duvets, and rooms are cleaned daily. DVD library of 300. We provide tasty meals and cater for vegans. Self-contained kitchen for you to ‘D.I.Y’. We arrange trips to Apartheid Museum, Soweto, Gold Reef City, Lion and Rhino Park, Kruger Park, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Zambia. Also available are ‘over-land’ tours. R110.00.
- Arnheim Lodge: Arnheim Lodge is a Cape Dutch style bed and breakfast lodge situated in the upmarket northern suburb of Lonehill, one of the safest suburbs in Johannesburg. The lodge is in the Fourways area, with easy access to the freeway network. R275.00.
- Flintstones Guest House Fourways: Flintstones Guest House Fourways is a stylish, centrally located B&B just outside the Johannesburg city centre and is close to all major highways, providing a convenient central location for businessmen, holidaymakers and sport enthusiasts alike. We are situated within a twenty minute drive from Johannesburg’s CBD, five minutes from the Monte Casino, 15 km from Lanseria Airport, 10 minutes from Fourways Mall and we are within close proximity to a number of golf courses. R275.00.
- Zivusekhaya guest lodge: ZivuseKhaya Guest Lodge is centrally located and is barely 5 minutes’ drive from Sandton, Woodmead and all major arterial routes, and only 20 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport. This elegant, intimate and private guest lodge is perfect for the discerning business or leisure traveller. Your privacy and comfort is ensured. We are just a minute away from SAP Training center, Regenesys, Sunninghill hospital, Rivonia, Ericcson offices, Four-ways and Woodmead. R275.00.
- Ananda Bed and Breakfast: Ananda Bed and Breakfast is set on five-acres of beautifully contoured land. They offer guests a comfortable and homely place to stay while in the Sandton area. The freshly prepared breakfasts and well-appointed rooms will ensure a comfortable stay. R295.00.
- Green Park Manor Guest House: This beautiful thatched property is located within quick and easy access to the N1, and is just a stone’s throw from Bryanston business parks, Monte Casino, and the nightlife the four-ways and Bryanston area provides. R298.00.
- The Mustard Seed Guest House: The Mustard Seed Guest House is a gorgeous, private guest house situated in the heart of Sandton. We are only 1.5 km from Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square with its excellent restaurants and beautiful shops. R395.00.
- Amba Court: Amba Court is located in the prestigious Sandton area, a stone’s throw from Nelson Mandela Square and Sandton shopping centres. The comfortable bedrooms are affordable and are ideal for the business or leisure travellers. The bed and breakfast is situated behind a boomed entrance and offers 24-hour security service for guests’ peace of mind. R400.00.
- African Garden Apartments: In a country setting in Linbro Park Sandton, we are a short distance from major business areas and airports. Our serviced self-catering one bedroomed apartments have braai facilities, secured parking, DStv and internet. We serve a light breakfast that is placed in the unit the night before with complimentary tea and coffee. R425.00.
- Stable Cottage: Stable Cottage lies behind a stone wall on an established, four-acre private property in Chartwell Country Estates. Stable Cottage is a breath of fresh air. The cottage offers private, secure and modern country living with city perks. R450.00.