Johannesburg in the news:
- Air Tanzania set for South Africa flights: Four local airports in Tanzania will be directly connected to O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. These are the Julius Nyerere … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- UJ student gets 15 years for bludgeoning flatmate with hammer, stabbing him: A University of Johannesburg student who killed his flatmate by bludgeoning him with a hammer before stabbing him multiple times was sentenced to … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Mashaba mulls a 'borderless' SA: JOHANNESBURG – Joburg Mayor Herman Mashaba says he will consider busing South Africans to other countries without papers, to see if the idea of … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Man gunned down in downtown Joburg believed to be a lawyer: Johannesburg police are investigating a case of murder after a man, believed to be a lawyer, was shot dead outside a law firm in the city's central … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Moving to Mastery: Women in Tech and Digital Conference Johannesburg event announced: The Women in Tech & Digital Conference in Cape Town was held on 12 June, at the Belmont Square Conference Centre in Rondebosch. The event … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Stone-walled ruins of Sotho–Tswana towns and villages are scattered around the parts of the former Transvaal in which Johannesburg is situated. Many of these sites contain the ruins of Sotho–Tswana mines and iron smelting furnaces, suggesting that the area was being exploited for its mineral wealth before the arrival of Europeans or the discovery of gold. The most prominent site within Johannesburg is Melville Koppies, which contains an iron smelting furnace.