Johannesburg in the news:
- Best winter campsites in Gauteng: There are many reasons why people love winter camps in Gauteng. Because most of the rainfall is in summer, you can expect dry weather in winter. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South Africa May Find South Sudan Oil Partners: To contact the reporters on this story: Antony Sguazzin in Johannesburg at … Paul Burkhardt in Johannesburg at email@example.com. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Coach Stuart Baxter announces provisional Africa Cup of Nations squad: Bafana Bafana coach Stuart Baxter on Tuesday named a provisional 28-man selection squad for a training camp in Johannesburg ahead of the Africa … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- MMI Holdings says has made good progress with growth strategy: JOHANNESBURG – Financial services group MMI Holdings said on Tuesday that its third-quarter financial results reflected good progress with its … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- KZN police resume search for holidaymaker presumed drowned: Police divers are continuing their search for a Johannesburg holidaymaker who was swept out to sea near a popular Umhlanga resort on Sunday. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? In January 1890 the Health Committee conducted its first census of the town. They found that Johannesburg had 26 303 inhabitants. There were 13 820 buildings, of which 772 were shops and stores and 261 hotels and bars. The following suburbs were recorded: Booysens, Fordsburg, Langlaagte, Braamfontein, Auckland Park, Marshall’s Town, Ferreira’s Town, Prospect and Jeppe’s Town. There was also a Coolie Location and a Veldtschoendorp, the latter being a shanty town occupied by Dutch citizens of the ZAR.