Johannesburg in the news:
- Boffelli brace gives Jaguares South African title: … playoffs for the first time since joining the competition in 2016 by finishing seventh but lost 40-23 to the Lions in the quarter-final in Johannesburg. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Motorists warned to stay off N3 at night as route becomes a warzone: The route between Johannesburg and Durban, one of South Africa's busiest, has become ground zero for an onslaught on the vehicles owned by … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Lions dealt fresh play-off blow as Lam and Coles lead Hurricanes to victory: The Lions have battled the heartache of losing the last three Super Rugby finals but a different level of disappointment may await the Johannesburg … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Super Rugby Result: Lions 17 v 37 Hurricanes (8/06/19): The Hurricanes ran in five tries to hand the Lions a damaging 37-17 loss in Johannesburg on Saturday. The Lions will lament their missed … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Environmentalists winning battle in lawsuits: Johannesburg – Little left in Gauteng is pristine, says conservationist Helen Duigan, but the scenic stretch of land she calls home, comes close. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Reach Trust for Solar and Building Management?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The Albert Hertzog Tower in Brixton Johannesburg was completed in 1962. It is 237-metre-high (778 ft) high concrete radio and (now) television tower. The first transmission took place on 22 December 1961. Presently 18 FM programs and 7 TV stations are broadcast from there. When Albert Hertzog fell into disfavour with the government, it was called the Brixton Tower. At present it is called the Sentech Tower.