Johannesburg in the news:
- Cop arrested as murder trial of Westbury gang boss takes a twist: This as the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court continues to hear the bail application of Brown, who is believed to be the leader of the Varados gang. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Youth need to be involved in planning, says Motlanthe: Johannesburg – Former president Kgalema Motlanthe has warned that the continued side-lining of young people in matters of national importance, … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Another setback for groom-to-be who survived farm attack: Johan, the manager of a chicken farm, was seriously wounded late last year on a farm near Lanseria, west of Johannesburg, when attackers shot him … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Mosque shootout not linked to violent extremism: The robbery and shootout that ensued outside the Hamidia Musjid mosque in Newtown, Johannesburg is not act of violent extremism as is being … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- WATCH | Robbers fire hail of bullets at Joburg cash-in-transit guards: Police spokesperson Col Lungelo Dlamini said the incident happened outside a mosque in Newtown, Johannesburg, on Friday afternoon. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg is the world’s biggest man-made forest, with over 10 million trees. This number is set to grow, as City Parks launched the Greening Soweto project in 2006, with the goal of planting an extra 200 000 trees in the famous township. Not only do Joburg’s trees combat the greenhouse effect, they help reduce noise in this ‘urban jungle’.