Johannesburg in the news:
- Dieplsoot informal settlement gets bridge to facilitate river crossing: South Africa – Johannesburg – 25 June 2019 – Joburg Mayor Herman Mashaba and Sipho Shabalala visited the area in Diepsloot where a bridge for … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Man dies shortly after boarding FlySafair flight to Cape Town: Local airline FlySafair has been hit by yet another misfortune – this time when a man passed out and died while boarding a flight from Johannesburg to … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Iron Ore, Gold Rush Push South Africa's Miners to 11-Year High: Thanks to surging iron ore, gold and platinum-group metals, a Johannesburg index of mining equities has climbed 30% this year. Miners account for … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- WATCH | Pastor in EFF cap punched, called the k-word at Joburg garage: A 38-year-old pastor was left traumatised after he was beaten up and called the k-word at a Johannesburg petrol station. Ron Rambebu said he was … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- City of Joburg identifies new housing opportunities: The City of Johannesburg has identified a new housing opportunity aimed at releasing abandoned factories to the private sector for conversion into … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg is the world’s biggest man-made forest, with over 10 million trees. This number is set to grow, as City Parks launched the Greening Soweto project in 2006, with the goal of planting an extra 200 000 trees in the famous township. Not only do Joburg’s trees combat the greenhouse effect, they help reduce noise in this ‘urban jungle’.