Johannesburg in the news:
- Ex-minister's deadly law breach could kill thousands in Mpumalanga: Johannesburg – Doubling air pollution standards for sulphur dioxide (SO2), proposed by former environmental affairs minister Nomvula Mokonyane in … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Police offer R25 000 reward after break-in at City of Joburg offices: Johannesburg – The City of Johannesburg has offered a R25 000 reward after important documents were stolen in the early hours of Saturday … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- SA halts extradition of Mozambique ex-minister: JOHANNESBURG – South Africa said Saturday that it had halted plans to extradite former Mozambican finance minister Manuel Chang to his home … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Star Trek actor William Shatner heading to SA for Comic Con: Johannesburg – Star Trek fans get ready – William Shatner is heading to SA for Comic Con Africa! The 88-year-old actor has been announced as one … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- JHB city council offices broken into, police investigating: The Johannesburg Metro Police Department (JMPD) confirmed the incident on Saturday, saying a suspect broke into the office of the chief whip's … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The city is very leafy: According to the City of Johannesburg website, there are 1.2 million trees within parks and on pavements and an estimated 4.8 million trees in private gardens. Many regard the city as the world’s biggest man-made forest, but this fact is disputed. Unofficial claims say that Johannesburg has 10 million trees. In 2013, New York City had 5.2 million trees and was planning to plant another million by 2017. New York City has a population of more than 8 million people.