Johannesburg in the news:
- Foetus found in dustbin in Krugersdorp street: A human foetus was discovered in a concrete dustbin in Von Brandis Street in Krugersdorp west of Johannesburg on Friday afternoon, paramedics … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Police flats on fire in Sophiatown: JOHANNESBURG – A fire broke out at the police flats in Sophiatown on Saturday afternoon. Initial reports say the fire started on the 8th floor and is … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- PICTURES: Durban July's 'Stars of Africa' theme comes alive: JOHANNESBURG – This year's instalment of one of the biggest horse racing event in Africa, the Vodacom Durban July, has kicked off on Saturday. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Informal settlements ignored or criminalised: expert: JOHANNESBURG – Informal settlement residents are living in bleak conditions. The Socio-Economic Rights Institute of South Africa has released a … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johannesburg, Dubai, Tel Aviv; Microsoft will host Ignite The Tour in these MEA cities: The Johannesburg, South Africa event is scheduled to take place January 30-31, 2020. Dubai, United Arab Emirates, February 10-11, 2020 and April … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The Albert Hertzog Tower in Brixton Johannesburg was completed in 1962. It is 237-metre-high (778 ft) high concrete radio and (now) television tower. The first transmission took place on 22 December 1961. Presently 18 FM programs and 7 TV stations are broadcast from there. When Albert Hertzog fell into disfavour with the government, it was called the Brixton Tower. At present it is called the Sentech Tower.