Johannesburg in the news:
- FWJK to Construct Tall Buildings in Johannesburg Cape Town and Durban: Business Tech reported that developers FWJK expects construction on Cape Town's new tallest building to begin soon. Zero 2 One Tower, at 44 … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johannesburg Heritage Foundation joins opposition to proposed development in Dundalk Avenue …: The Johannesburg Heritage Foundation (JHF) has joined a number of Parkview residents and the Parkview Residents Association (PRA) in objecting … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johnny Clegg, Anti-Apartheid Musician in South Africa, Dead at 66: … apartheid in his adopted home and whose work crossed racial divides — died on Tuesday at his home in Johannesburg, Associated Press reports. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Legendary musician Johnny Clegg laid to rest in Johannesburg: The burial at the Westpark Cemetery, Johannesburg, was confirmed to SowetanLIVE on Wednesday night by Roddy Quin, who was Johnny's … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Ebola outbreak in Congo declared international emergency: JOHANNESBURG (AP) — The World Health Organization says the deadly Ebola virus outbreak in northeastern Congo is now an international health … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The city is very leafy: According to the City of Johannesburg website, there are 1.2 million trees within parks and on pavements and an estimated 4.8 million trees in private gardens. Many regard the city as the world’s biggest man-made forest, but this fact is disputed. Unofficial claims say that Johannesburg has 10 million trees. In 2013, New York City had 5.2 million trees and was planning to plant another million by 2017. New York City has a population of more than 8 million people.