Johannesburg in the news:
- HID Global Expands Commitment to Helping End Africa's Identity Gap: The three-day conference will be hosted this week from 18-20 June 2019 in Johannesburg by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) of the Republic … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Mbalula saddened by fatal crashes over long weekend: JOHANNESBURG – Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula is calling for extra caution on the roads. He says he's is saddened by the spate of fatal crashes … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johannesburg Oliver R Tambo International Airport handles 1.7m pax in May-2019: Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) reported (14-Jun-2019) the following traffic highlights for Johannesburg Oliver R Tambo International Airport … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Ramaphosa urges youth to fight against drug abuse: JOHANNESBURG – President Cyril Ramaphosa is calling on South Africans to join the fight against drugs and alcohol abuse. Speaking at a Youth … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Diary dates to keep you entertained: 16 June: Father's Day at Hard Rock Café Johannesburg. Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a Dad. Celebrate Father's Day … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg is a large city in Gauteng Province of South Africa. It was established as a small village controlled by a Health Committee in 1886 with the discovery of an outcrop of a gold reef on the farm Langlaagte. The population of the city grew rapidly,becoming a municipality in 1897. In 1928 it became a city making Johannesburg the largest city in South Africa. In 2002 it joined ten other municipalities to form the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality.