Johannesburg in the news:
- Hurricane win over Lions ensures playoff home advantage: JOHANNESBURG, June 8 (Reuters) – The Wellington Hurricanes made sure of home advantage in the Super Rugby playoffs as they beat the Lions … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Hurricanes book home Super Rugby quarterfinal despite Beauden Barrett absence: The big news pre-game at Ellis Park in Johannesburg was the late withdrawal of All Blacks first-five Barrett with an unknown injury, but the likes of … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- WC traffic officials arrest bus driver for overloading: … on the bus. The bus driver was kept at the police station in Laingsburg,” he said. The bus was travelling from Johannesburg to Cape Town. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Funeral for toddler mauled by leopard at Kruger Park to be held tomorrow: JOHANNESBURG – The funeral of a two-year-old toddler who was mauled by a leopard in the Kruger National Park (KNP) is expected to take place in … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Security guard trampled to death by elephant at Limpopo mine: JOHANNESBURG – Mining company Foskor Mine in Phalaborwa, Limpopo on Saturday said details surrounding the death of a security guard who … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Mponeng Gold Mine is the world’s deepest mine: The mine is located on the outskirts of Johannesburg (near Westonaria). The mining shaft of this mine extends down to 4 kilometres below the surface. A trip to the bottom of the mine takes about an hour.