Johannesburg in the news:
- Joburg scraps planned levy on prepaid electricity after public outcry: The City of Johannesburg has caved in to public pressure and is scrapping the stiff prepaid electricity tariffs it planned to implement in July. Funzela … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South African platinum firms kick off wage talks: JOHANNESBURG, July 9 (Reuters) – The world's top platinum miners kicked off talks with South Africa's unions on Tuesday in what is expected to be a … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Relief offered on Prepaid Electricity tariff – City of Johannesburg: The City of Johannesburg will not be implementing the fixed surcharge for prepaid electricity as adopted by Council recently. The fixed surcharge of … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Joburg City's insourced cleaners to be made permanent employees: The City of Johannesburg announced some exciting news on 8 July that 1 500 insourced cleaners would be made permanent employees for the City … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- No papers but a home: Somali women take on South Africa's property market: In the hallway of a large, brick-face apartment block in Johannesburg, Halima Jawahir greets her tenants, a group of six Somali women drying their … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg’s traffic is brutal: According to figures released earlier in 2018, the city is the 2nd most congested city in South Africa (behind Cape Town). It’s the 44th most congested city globally. Johannesburg residents spent an average of 46 hours in peak traffic in 2017. The city has more than 7500 km of roads.