Johannesburg in the news:
- Local government not neglecting Alex – City of Johannesburg: City of Johannesburg Manager Ndivhoniswani Lukhwareni has rejected claims that local government has neglected the people of Alexandra, north of … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Grace Mugabe accused of bloody attack on domestic worker: She also faces an arrest warrant in neighbouring South Africa for her alleged assault with a power cable on a female model in Johannesburg in the … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Ayo valuation deliberately inflated before listing on JSE, PIC inquiry told: JOHANNESBURG – Ayo Technology Solutions chief investment officer Abdul Malick Salie told the Public Investment Corporation (PIC) inquiry the … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- WATCH | Brazen thieves carry out daylight robbery on Joburg highway: Police have confirmed they are aware of the video showing armed men committing robbery in broad daylight on a busy highway in Johannesburg – but … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Big, bigger, biggest #ROOTS2019: Managing Director at Vizeum (Johannesburg), Byron John, comments: “We've used the previous ROOTS survey extensively across the Dentsu Aegis … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Stone-walled ruins of Sotho–Tswana towns and villages are scattered around the parts of the former Transvaal in which Johannesburg is situated. Many of these sites contain the ruins of Sotho–Tswana mines and iron smelting furnaces, suggesting that the area was being exploited for its mineral wealth before the arrival of Europeans or the discovery of gold. The most prominent site within Johannesburg is Melville Koppies, which contains an iron smelting furnace.