Johannesburg in the news:
- Loss Making Air Peace Eyes Weird Global Expansion: If you have heard about Air Peace then you might be interested to learn that in June the carrier will begin flight operations to Johannesburg, South … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Gauteng metros hit with water restrictions: Residents in high-lying areas in the City of Johannesburg, Ekurhuleni and Tshwane will from Saturday experience a reduced water supply, Rand … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Pandor: 'Let's wait on the president to announce Cabinet': JOHANNESBURG – Higher Education Minister, Naledi Pandor is neither denying nor confirming if she's been offered the position of deputy president. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Western Sahara: President of Republic Arrives in South Africa to Take Part in Inauguration of …: Johannesburg (South Africa) — President of the Republic, Secretary-General of the Frente POLISARIO, Brahim Ghali, arrived in South African city of … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Cyril Ramaphosa is officially the president of SA: JOHANNESBURG – Cyril Ramaphosa has officially taken the oath of office as president of South Africa in front of a crowd of thousands, including … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Stone-walled ruins of Sotho–Tswana towns and villages are scattered around the parts of the former Transvaal in which Johannesburg is situated. Many of these sites contain the ruins of Sotho–Tswana mines and iron smelting furnaces, suggesting that the area was being exploited for its mineral wealth before the arrival of Europeans or the discovery of gold. The most prominent site within Johannesburg is Melville Koppies, which contains an iron smelting furnace.