Johannesburg in the news:
- Moyo's legal battle with Old Mutual heats up: JOHANNESBURG – Counsel for axed Old Mutual CEO Peter Moyo say if the Johannesburg High Court endorses the insurer's decision to fire Moyo, … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- LIVE: Springboks v Wallabies: Your Springbok team to face Australia in Johannesburg tomorrow. … Your #Wallabies that will take on South Africa in Johannesburg. #GoldBlooded # … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Sir John Adamson High School donates to the SPCA: LEARNERS and educators of Sir John Adamson High School organised a charity drive to collect pet food, pet toys and money for the Johannesburg … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- City attracts major investments in three years: The economy of the City of Johannesburg has reportedly grown four times bigger in investment value compared to three years ago. This was recently … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Springboks vs Wallabies start time: Rugby Championship kick off time, venue, date, key information: The match is scheduled for kick-off at 1:05am (AEST) on Sunday, July 21 with it to be held at the Ellis Park Stadium in Johannesburg. While the Rugby … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Reach Trust for Solar and Building Management?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The first recorded discovery of gold on the Witwatersrand was made by Jan Gerrit Bantjes in June 1884, on the farm Vogelstruisfontein. Other farms to become famous later included Langlaagte, Turffontein, Doornfontein and Braamfontein. George Harrison is today credited as the man who discovered an outcrop of the Main Reef of gold on the farm Langlaagte in February 1886. On 12 May 1886 Harrison and his partner, George Walker, entered into a prospecting agreement with the owner of Langlaagte, one G.C. Oosthuizen. Two days later Colonel Ignatius Ferreira staked out his camp on Turffontein to serve as a centre for diggers.