Johannesburg in the news:
- Paleolithic Footprints Studied in Italian Cave: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA—A team of researchers led by Marco Romano of the University of the Witwatersrand used laser scans, sediment … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Nersa disputes Herman Mashaba's 'misleading' tariff hikes statement: In a statement on Tuesday, Johannesburg mayor Herman Mashaba said Nersa was 'rewarding corruption at Eskom' by telling municipalities to … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- SA's fortunes in Eskom's hands – Ramaphosa: JOHANNESBURG – President Cyril Ramaphosa said sacrifices would have to be made to prevent the failure of Eskom, warning that if the utility … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- JMPD searching for 3 suspects after Riverlea shooting: JOHANNESBURG – Johannesburg Metro Police are looking for three suspects who escaped from a crime scene in Riverlea on Wednesday. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South African rand rises on China stimulus hopes, stocks dip: JOHANNESBURG, May 15 (Reuters) – South Africa's rand strengthened on Wednesday alongside emerging market currencies on hopes of more … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The enormous Carlton Centre, built at a cost of R88 million, contained a fifty-storey office tower, the thirty-storey luxury Carlton Hotel, a five-storey Garlicks department store, three-and-a-half-acre public plaza with a two-story underground shopping centre beneath it and parking garages with space for 2000 cars. The Carlton Hotel (Johannesburg) opened for business on October 1, 1972.