Johannesburg in the news:
- Police arrest three Johannesburg high school pupils for attempted murder: Johannesburg police have arrested three boys, aged between 14 and 17, for attempted murder. In a statement on Tuesday, police spokesperson … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South African ex-footballer Batchelor shot dead outside home: JOHANNESBURG: Former South African footballer Marc Batchelor was shot dead in an apparent targeted killing on Monday (Jul 15) evening as he … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Marc Batchelor dead: South African former footballer shot dead in car in Johannesburg: South African former footballer Marc Batchelor has been shot dead in Johannesburg. Formerly of Orlando Pirates, Mamelodi Sundowns and Kaizer … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Former South Africa footballer Marc Batchelor shot dead in Johannesburg: Former South African footballer Marc Batchelor was shot dead in an apparent targeted killing on Monday evening as he drove home in Johannesburg, … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Peter Moyo: Old Mutual has a case to answer: JOHANNESBURG – Sacked Old Mutual CEO Peter Moyo said he was confident that his employers had a case to answer after firing him last month. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg has a massive infrastructure: The city has more than 8000 km of water pipes and more than 8000 km of sewage pipes. It has more than 180,000 streetlights and more than 100 water towers and reservoirs. The city also has more than 1700 traffic lights. There are more than 120 community health clinics, 10 environmental health clinics, 35 cemeteries (which cover over 600 hectares) and 59 public swimming pools. The city has 106 dams, 394 public sport facilities and 98 public recreation centers. Despite the fact that there’s a huge amount of infrastructure, Johannesburg still has more 1000 hectares of green space in an around it.