Johannesburg in the news:
- Police search for more suspects after abducted newborn found: JOHANNESBURG – A 35-year-old Soweto woman has been taken in for questioning after a baby was kidnapped from the Chris Hani Baragwanath … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Homeless 'Oupa' rescues Joburg woman from criminals: A Johannesburg woman took to Facebook yesterday to celebrate a homeless man who's saved her life. Zanele Masule, a personal assistant, was … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Sasol Signs US,8 Billion Senior Credit Facilities: JOHANNESBURG, June 7, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Sasol Limited ("Sasol") announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary Sasol Financing USA … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Ballroom production 'Burn the Floor' returns to SA: Tickets for the Johannesburg and Durban legs of the SA tour can be purchased via Computicket at either www.computicket.com or via Checkers and … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South African Airways requests urgent state funding as it appoints interim CEO: JOHANNESBURG, June 7 (Reuters) – South African Airways (SAA) appointed its head of operations as acting chief executive on Friday and said it … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The Standard Bank Centre is in Fox and Simmond Streets in central Johannesburg. During the excavation, three stories below ground level, they came across an old stope. It was part of the workings of the old Ferreira Mine. The building’s foundations were stabilised by backfilling the No. 1 level of the workings with concrete grout, but part of the stope was preserved as a museum. The building was completed in 1970. It was constructed by first building a central core and cantilever arms and then suspending the floors from the arms. The Centre houses a renowned art gallery.