Johannesburg in the news:
- Sanco to lay criminal complaint against Mashaba: Sanco has accused Johannesburg Mayor Herman Mashaba of being involved in orchestrating land expropriation and invasion across the city. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- LOOK: ANC Joburg caucus protests against power cuts: JOHANNESBURG – Protesting members of the ANC in Johannesburg handed over a memorandum to power utility Eskom at its Megawatt Park offices … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Viral JMPD video: Portfolio committee calls for swift action over alleged excessive force over blood …: "Members of the committee acknowledged and welcomed the decision by the City of Johannesburg to institute an internal investigation into the matter … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- ANC Joburg caucus protests at Eskom against power cuts: Members of ANC Johannesburg caucus protest outside Eskom's Megawatt Park offices in Sunninghill, Johannesburg, 9 July 2019. Picture: Supplied … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South Africa's rand steady as traders eye Fed, stocks down: JOHANNESBURG, July 9 (Reuters) – South Africa's rand steadied against the dollar on Tuesday, struggling for momentum as investors awaited clues … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg’s traffic is brutal: According to figures released earlier in 2018, the city is the 2nd most congested city in South Africa (behind Cape Town). It’s the 44th most congested city globally. Johannesburg residents spent an average of 46 hours in peak traffic in 2017. The city has more than 7500 km of roads.