Johannesburg in the news:
- The global supply chain for steel, copper and aluminium products set to gather in Johannesburg for …: The inaugural Africa Wire, Cable & Tube Conference will be held on 11-13 November 2019 at the Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- WATCH: 'We are mos addicts, what can I say'- woman tells cops during Hillbrow raid: The raid, code-named Operation Bad Buildings, was conducted by the police, Johannesburg Metro Police Department (JMPD) and Ekhuruleni Metro … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Informal settlements to be electrified: According to City Power spokesperson, Isaac Mangena, in a recent budget, the City of Johannesburg allocated a three-year capital budget of R2,9 … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Phalatse vows to shutdown preschools operating illegally in JHB: WESTDENE – Johannesburg Health and Social Development MMC Mpho Phalatse said she was concerned about the number of preschools that were … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- 7 School stabbings that shocked SA this year: The stabbing to death of a 16-year-old Grade 8 pupil at a Johannesburg school has again highlighted the prevalence of violence in South African … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Stone-walled ruins of Sotho–Tswana towns and villages are scattered around the parts of the former Transvaal in which Johannesburg is situated. Many of these sites contain the ruins of Sotho–Tswana mines and iron smelting furnaces, suggesting that the area was being exploited for its mineral wealth before the arrival of Europeans or the discovery of gold. The most prominent site within Johannesburg is Melville Koppies, which contains an iron smelting furnace.