Johannesburg in the news:
- The Weekend Guide: Jozi Walks: This guided city walk, initiated and sponsored by the Johannesburg Development Agency, takes places annually. Led by Harry Nakeng, … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- 2021: ANC, DA could lose metros: For instance, in one of the wards in Craigavon in Johannesburg, where the DA had 76% support in 2014, their supporters did not turn out. The party … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- SA: Joy of Jazz announces 2019 line-up: … the line-up of artists who will perform at the 2019 edition of the festival at Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg from 26 to 28 September. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South Africa's rand firms slightly, stocks gain: JOHANNESBURG, May 16 (Reuters) – South Africa's rand firmed modestly and stocks rose on Thursday, shaking off worries about local growth and … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- WATCH | 'It's not a new dawn, it's an old Vaseline' – five highlights from Julius Malema's presser: The EFF leader spoke about negotiations with the DA to formally partner in governing Tshwane and Johannesburg, as well as the rise of the FF+ "due … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? At the northern extremity of Johannesburg was Parktown, already known for its exclusivity and extreme wealth. Sir Lionel Phillips was the first Randlord to build a mansion in Parktown. “Hohenheim” was built in 1894 and demolished in 1972 to make way for the Johannesburg Academic Hospital. Sunny Side Park was designed by Frank Emley for Hennen Jennings and completed in 1896. Today it is part of the Sunny Side Park Hotel. “The View” was completed in 1897. It was built by Charles Aburrow as the residence of Sir Thomas Cullinan.