Johannesburg in the news:
- Township satellite schools nurture black children's dreams to be ballet dancers: The Joburg Ballet is a professional ballet company based in Johannesburg that operates a Ballet School and Academy for pre-professional students. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- This incredibly rare dinosaur hid its secrets right in front of us for 30 years: The bones have been on display in a museum in Johannesburg, South Africa for over three decades, where they were assessed as being from … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- New Species Of Dinosaur Has Been Discovered At Museum: … being kept in a collection at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, had been identified as a Massospondylus — a dinosaur from the Early … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- UPDATE 1-South Africa's rand hits 7-week low as trade tensions heat up: JOHANNESBURG, Aug 5 (Reuters) – South Africa's rand slipped to seven-week lows against the dollar on Monday, as prospects of a sharp escalation … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Make My Monday: A trip to Cape Town for a mother and daughter: … a message from Sharon Miller from Johannesburg who says she and her daughter, Caylie will be going on their first-ever mother-daugther vacation. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? In 1971 the South African Broadcasting Corporation was eventually allowed to introduce a television service. When television was finally introduced, there was only one channel with airtime divided evenly between English and Afrikaans, alternating between the two languages. Test transmissions in Johannesburg began on 5 May 1975, followed in July by ones in Cape Town and Durban. Nationwide services finally commenced on 5 January 1976.