Johannesburg in the news:
- Turkey aims to be global talent attraction center: Atay is spearheading a career fair in Johannesburg where 15 global Turkish companies are meeting with young South African students and graduates … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Ramaphosa signs carbon tax bill into law: JOHANNESBURG – President Cyril Ramaphosa has signed the Carbon Tax Act into law and it will come into effect from 1 June 2019. The carbon tax … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- One person injured after being shot at Bree Taxi Rank: JOHANNESBURG – One person is in a critical condition after a security guard allegedly shot him in the face at the Bree Taxi Rank in Johannesburg. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Stranded man & woman found shot dead in bakkie near N12: JOHANNESBURG – A 19-year-old man and woman in her 20s were shot dead on Putfontein Road near a bridge above the N12. Paramedics said the … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Fake 'prophet' nabbed for swindling Tshwane students: JOHANNESBURG – Police have arrested a suspected con artist who allegedly targets students in Tshwane. The man swindled laptops from female … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The Carlon Centre (located in the city’s CBD) is the tallest office building in Africa: The building was completed in 1973. It has 50 floors and is 224 metres tall. It’s not the tallest structure in Johannesburg though. The Hillbrow Tower (also located in the CBD) stands 269m tall.