Johannesburg in the news:
- UPDATE 1-South Africa's rand firmer as risk selloff pauses, stocks down: (Updates prices). JOHANNESBURG, May 20 (Reuters) – South Africa's rand firmed on Monday after a sharp slide in the previous week as a global … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Make My Monday: All my daughter needs is a pair of shoes: Rian and the Scenic Drive team received a message from Rian Myburgh from Johannesburg. It is his 14-year-old, Guetana Myburgh's birthday this … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Gauteng DA calls for urgent probe into cause of fire at Bheki Mlangeni Hospital: JOHANNESBURG – The Democratic Alliance (DA) in Gauteng called for an urgent investigation on Monday into the cause of the fire at the Bheki … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- PURA and KALY Announce New EVERx CBD Sports Water Orders In Africa: … Kali, Inc.) (KALY) today announced wrapping the Arnold Sports Festival in Johannesburg, South Africa featuring their EVERx CBD Sports Water. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Fire breaks out at Bheki Mlangeni District Hospital, patients moved: Spokesperson Lesemang Matuka said the fire was contained at around 08:00 by the Johannesburg Emergency Services. No patients were injured … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? In 1971 the South African Broadcasting Corporation was eventually allowed to introduce a television service. When television was finally introduced, there was only one channel with airtime divided evenly between English and Afrikaans, alternating between the two languages. Test transmissions in Johannesburg began on 5 May 1975, followed in July by ones in Cape Town and Durban. Nationwide services finally commenced on 5 January 1976.