Johannesburg in the news:
- WATCH: Fiery scenes as #AlexShutdown movement march to Sandton: Johannesburg – Alexandra residents blockaded roads with burning tyres as they embarked on a fresh round of protests led by the #AlexShutdown … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- 'Day Zero' looming for SABC: JOHANNESBURG – Static and blank screens. That's what SABC listeners and viewers are facing. The public broadcaster is warning of an impending … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johannesburg water shutdown: Surviving with limited water supply: Residents of Gauteng are facing a tough week ahead after Rand Water announced, on Tuesday, that it will be forced to cut off the Johannesburg water … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- The Biggest Winner From a Rise in Precious Metals: “The rally in palladium has been a big contributor,” coupled with a weaker rand, said Henre Herselman, a derivatives trader at Johannesburg-based … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- #CannesLions2019: Film shortlist: King James Group Cape Town's Allan Gray 'Father's Share', with production work by Chocolate Tribe Johannesburg, Howard Music Johannesburg … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The enormous Carlton Centre, built at a cost of R88 million, contained a fifty-storey office tower, the thirty-storey luxury Carlton Hotel, a five-storey Garlicks department store, three-and-a-half-acre public plaza with a two-story underground shopping centre beneath it and parking garages with space for 2000 cars. The Carlton Hotel (Johannesburg) opened for business on October 1, 1972.