Johannesburg in the news:
- Watch | Probe launched after cop pins down 'drunk' driver to draw blood: The City of Johannesburg has launched a probe after a video showing police officers restraining a woman who is apparently suspected of drunk … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Soweto protesters blockade R558, motorists warned to find alternative routes: JOHANNESBURG – The Johannesburg Metro Police Department (JMPD) has warned motorists driving on the R558 in Soweto to find alternative … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Craft brewers attempt to win over lager drinkers in South Africa: The Craft Beer Library in the Emmarentia neighborhood of Johannesburg is trying to entice South African lager drinkers with a large selection of craft … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- WATCH: JMPD investigating viral blood test video: JOHANNESBURG – The Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department has launched an investigation into a video doing the rounds on social media. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- KZN manufacturing forum to be expanded to include two-day exhibition: JOHANNESBURG – The KwaZulu-Natal chapter of the annual Manufacturing Indaba conference will this year be expanded to include a two day … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The enormous Carlton Centre, built at a cost of R88 million, contained a fifty-storey office tower, the thirty-storey luxury Carlton Hotel, a five-storey Garlicks department store, three-and-a-half-acre public plaza with a two-story underground shopping centre beneath it and parking garages with space for 2000 cars. The Carlton Hotel (Johannesburg) opened for business on October 1, 1972.