Johannesburg in the news:
- 'We're not winning the war on crime,' says Joburg mayor Herman Mashaba: Mayor Herman Mashaba has conceded that more needs to be done to win the war against crime in Johannesburg. "I don't really believe that we are … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Rabelani Dagada predicts fall of his former party DA: Former Johannesburg MMC for finance Rabelani Dagada has lashed at the DA-led government in the city saying its future is only in the Western Cape … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Capital & Regional Confirms Fire At Walthamstow Shopping Centre: (Alliance News) – London- and Johannesburg-listed Capital & Regional PLC said Monday a fire started in its shopping centre in north-east London. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Prince Albert on putting an end to poaching: 'We are heading towards extinction if this goes on'': Johannesburg – The 8th annual Rhino Conservation Awards took place in Johannesburg on Sunday 21 August, honouring a range of people and … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Mkhwebane: I never lied under oath, I acted in good faith: JOHANNESBURG – Advocate Busisiwe Mkhwebane has rejected the Constitutional Court's finding that she lied under oath and that she acted in bad … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg is the world’s biggest man-made forest, with over 10 million trees. This number is set to grow, as City Parks launched the Greening Soweto project in 2006, with the goal of planting an extra 200 000 trees in the famous township. Not only do Joburg’s trees combat the greenhouse effect, they help reduce noise in this ‘urban jungle’.