Johannesburg in the news:
- William Shatner Coming to Comic Con Africa: Comic Con Africa will take place at Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand, Johannesburg from September 21-24. Tickets for the event cost R160 a … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- [LISTEN] A taste of what you can expect at Buskaid's Johannesburg performance: Gauteng audiences will now get see the group perform at the Linder Auditorium in Johannesburg on Sunday 21 July. The group joined Azania in … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- SA's 12 'most loved' local businesses – Santam survey: Place to Stay: Chapmans Peak Hotel (Cape Town) – "the one with the perfect calamari";Eatery: Marble (Johannesburg) – "the one with the celebrity … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Nigeria's Air Peace eyes int'l expansion in 2019: Air Peace (P4, Lagos) is planning to launch services to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo, India, and Guangzhou in the near future, Chairman Allen Onyema … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Scandal-hit Steinhoff reports 0 million loss in first half: JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) – South African retailer Steinhoff reported a 356 million euros ($ 401 million) half-year loss from continuing operations on … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Stone-walled ruins of Sotho–Tswana towns and villages are scattered around the parts of the former Transvaal in which Johannesburg is situated. Many of these sites contain the ruins of Sotho–Tswana mines and iron smelting furnaces, suggesting that the area was being exploited for its mineral wealth before the arrival of Europeans or the discovery of gold. The most prominent site within Johannesburg is Melville Koppies, which contains an iron smelting furnace.