Johannesburg in the news:
- Algeria, Senegal look cut above Africa Cup Group C rivals: Johannesburg (AFP) – The four Africa Cup of Nations Group C sides will have differing ambitions in Egypt this month with Senegal and Algeria eyeing … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- UPDATE 1-Athletics-Semenya received invitation to Morocco race "too late" -agent: (Adds details and background). JOHANNESBURG, June 14 (Reuters) – Caster Semenya was invited on Friday to run in an 800m race in Morocco on … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Athletics-Semenya receives 'late' invite to Morocco race -agent: JOHANNESBURG, June 14 (Reuters) – Caster Semenya has been invited on Friday to run in an 800m race in Morocco on Sunday – after previously … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South Africa's rand firms as focus shifts to Fed meeting, stocks fall: JOHANNESBURG, June 14 (Reuters) – South Africa's rand firmed on Friday as domestic political concerns eased, with the focus of investors shifting to … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South African events calender: 3 big things happening this weekend in Johannesburg and Cape …: Polo enthusiasts will on Sunday (June 16) descent on the picturesque Inanda Club, situated in the heart of Sandton (north of Johannesburg) to … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The Rissik Street Post Office was built in 1897, having been designed by the architect Sytze Wierda. The Post Office was at one time the tallest building in Johannesburg. The Post Office became a national monument in 1978, and it remained in operation until 1996 when the South African Post Office vacated the building. The monument was gutted by a fire in 2009. The old City Hall is opposite the Post Office in Rissik Street.