Johannesburg in the news:
- Alleged human trafficker to appear in court on Monday: JOHANNESBURG – A man arrested for kidnapping 19 males will appear at the Booysens Magistrates Court on Monday on charges related to … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- PIC: Fire destroys Roodepoort scrapyard: JOHANNESBURG – An automotive scrapyard in Roodepoort, Johannesburg was destroyed by fire on Saturday night, paramedics said. Netcare 911 … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Maile says land invasion issues complex, need concerted efforts: JOHANNESBURG – Gauteng Human Settlements MEC Lebogang Maile has promised residents of Lenasia that he will return with Premier David … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- 'Dead' woman thrilled to be alive again with new ID number: Kubashnee Kalicharan (née Govender), 37, from Johannesburg, was told she was "deceased" when she applied for a loan last year, News24 reported … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Gauteng govt to approach courts to block land invaders: JOHANNESBURG – The Gauteng government says it will approach the courts in a bid to get an interdict against land invaders in Lenasia in the south … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Reach Trust for Solar and Building Management?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? After the Great Trek European pastoralists started settling in the Transvaal. Some of them chose to farm where Johannesburg was to rise later. Each burgher (citizen) was entitled to at least one farm, measuring 1500 morgen or about 3100 acres. The first recorded discovery of gold on the Witwatersrand was made by Jan Gerrit Bantjes in June 1884, on the farm Vogelstruisfontein.