Johannesburg in the news:
- CoJ approves debt rehabilitation for residents in arears: JOHANNESBURG – The City of Johannesburg has approved a debt rehabilitation programme allowing residents to have the arrears on their … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Senior Consultant: … to participate in an interview, discuss experience and show the strength of their writing during the week of the 24 June at our Johannesburg office. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Amcu tables R17,000 minimum wage demand for mineworkers: JOHANNESBURG – The Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (Amcu) has tabled a R17,000 minimum wage as negotiations in the … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Kenneth Nkosi walks free after NPA withdraws common assault charges: The Abo Mama actor was charged with common assault after allegedly beating his girlfriend up at the BlackAnt Lounge in Newtown, Johannesburg … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Gauteng moves to improve it's road network: JOHANNESBURG – The Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport on Friday announced a pipeline of plans to improve and expand the province's … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Reach Trust for Solar and Building Management?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? At the northern extremity of Johannesburg was Parktown, already known for its exclusivity and extreme wealth. Sir Lionel Phillips was the first Randlord to build a mansion in Parktown. “Hohenheim” was built in 1894 and demolished in 1972 to make way for the Johannesburg Academic Hospital. Sunny Side Park was designed by Frank Emley for Hennen Jennings and completed in 1896. Today it is part of the Sunny Side Park Hotel. “The View” was completed in 1897. It was built by Charles Aburrow as the residence of Sir Thomas Cullinan.