Johannesburg in the news:
- Joburg south residents lament illegal land occupation: JOHANNESBURG – Johannesburg south residents say they are overwhelmed with the illegal occupation of land taking place. In just one year, more … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South African singer Johnny Clegg dies at 66: July 16 (UPI) — South African singer and activist Johnny Clegg died Tuesday in Johannesburg. He was 66. Clegg's manager Roddy Quin announced … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South African musician Johnny Clegg, vocal white foe of apartheid, dead at 66: He arrived in Johannesburg as a teenager in the 1960s, where he encountered the black migrant workers outlawed from the inner city by the infamous … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johannesburg Gets Ready for Digital Transformation Congress 2019: JOHANNESBURG, July 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The second annual Digital Transformation Congress, returns to Johannesburg after a successful … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Johnny Clegg, the South African singer, has died at age 66: He presented papers, such as "The Music of Zulu Immigrant Workers in Johannesburg" in 1981. He also received a number of Honorary doctorates … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Reach Trust for Solar and Building Management?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The Carlon Centre (located in the city’s CBD) is the tallest office building in Africa: The building was completed in 1973. It has 50 floors and is 224 metres tall. It’s not the tallest structure in Johannesburg though. The Hillbrow Tower (also located in the CBD) stands 269m tall.