Johannesburg in the news:
- Meek Mill to perform in South Africa: JOHANNESBURG – American rapper Meek Mill is headed to South Africa to perform in June. The Going Bad hit maker will headline the first day of the … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Chicago Architecture Biennial announces this year's participants: Library of Johannesburg which, working with Chicago's Stockyard Institute, will be creating a space to discuss the importance of heritage sites and … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- South African retailer TFG looks to technology to adapt to retail changes: JOHANNESBURG, May 23 (Reuters) – South African retailer The Foschini Group (TFG) is investing $ 35 million in technology to adapt to the changing … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Botswana Just Lifted Its Ban on Elephant Hunting: (JOHANNESBURG) — Botswana has lifted its ban on elephant hunting in a country with the world's highest number of the animals, a decision that has … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- CRU: A Continent with Growth Potential: Africa: LONDON, May 23, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Leading international Trade Fairs wire and Tube sponsor the first CRU Conference in Johannesburg in … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? Johannesburg has a massive infrastructure: The city has more than 8000 km of water pipes and more than 8000 km of sewage pipes. It has more than 180,000 streetlights and more than 100 water towers and reservoirs. The city also has more than 1700 traffic lights. There are more than 120 community health clinics, 10 environmental health clinics, 35 cemeteries (which cover over 600 hectares) and 59 public swimming pools. The city has 106 dams, 394 public sport facilities and 98 public recreation centers. Despite the fact that there’s a huge amount of infrastructure, Johannesburg still has more 1000 hectares of green space in an around it.