Johannesburg in the news:
- Top startup events in South Africa, Africa you should know about this week [23/6/2019]: Location: Committee Room 2, Level 4, Sandton Convention Centre, Pavilion, Maude Street Johannesburg. Startup Grind Johannesburg. Join Virtual … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Man travels to S Africa on fake visa, deported: He then started working in Johannesburg on a work permit. … However, during checking at Johannesburg airport, his visa was found to be fake. – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Thousands join IDY celebration in S Africa: By Fakir Hassen. Johannesburg, Jun 23 Thousands of South Africans gathered at two separate venues here and joined in a mass yoga session, … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- More than 120 people arrested in Joburg as police pounce on wanted suspects: The operations were carried out in Alexandra, Yeoville, Soweto and Johannesburg Central on Thursday and Friday. Police said the suspects would … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- 6 law enforcement officials taken into custody for allegedly accepting bribes: JOHANNESBURG – Six law enforcement officials, including traffic and police officers, were taken into custody in Mpumalanga on suspicion of … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? At the northern extremity of Johannesburg was Parktown, already known for its exclusivity and extreme wealth. Sir Lionel Phillips was the first Randlord to build a mansion in Parktown. “Hohenheim” was built in 1894 and demolished in 1972 to make way for the Johannesburg Academic Hospital. Sunny Side Park was designed by Frank Emley for Hennen Jennings and completed in 1896. Today it is part of the Sunny Side Park Hotel. “The View” was completed in 1897. It was built by Charles Aburrow as the residence of Sir Thomas Cullinan.