Johannesburg in the news:
- Voting off to a peaceful start in Johannesburg north-eastern suburbs: On 8 May, citizens of South Africa went out in their numbers to cast their votes for their preferred political parties and in north-east suburbs of Joburg, … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Cameras aid Joburg CBD arrests: JOHANNESBURG – Three people have been arrested since the JMPD's undercover crime-busters launched on Tuesday. Over 400 CCTV surveillance … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- S.Africa power utility Eskom raises 1 million through loan drawdowns: JOHANNESBURG, May 17 (Reuters) – South Africa's power utility Eskom said on Friday it had raised 5.2 billion rand ($ 361 million) through … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Israeli disinformation campaign targeted Nigerian election: A U.S. think tank that analyzes misinformation online said Friday that an Israel-based influence campaign busted by Facebook had stumped for the … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- DA confirms party in talks with EFF over future mayor of Tshwane: JOHANNESBURG – The Democratic Alliance (DA) confirmed on Friday that discussions about the future mayor of the Tshwane municipality were … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Whale and Dolphin Watching in Algoa Bay?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? 40% of all the world’s human ancestor fossils have been discovered in and around Johannesburg: Most of the fossils were found in the area which is now known as the Cradle of Humankind. It was declared as an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. The site currently occupies 47,000 hectares and contains a complex of limestone caves.