Johannesburg in the news:
- ANC expresses gratitude for votes, to hold briefing on Sunday: JOHANNESBURG – Following its victory in the 2019 general elections, the African National Congress (ANC) expressed gratitude to those who have … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Gauteng online admission process to go live on Monday: JOHANNESBURG – The outgoing MEC of Education Panyaza Lesufi says the online admission process which was scheduled to go live on Monday … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Living off garbage in Johannesburg: Luyanda is one of an estimated 6 000 waste-pickers in Johannesburg who live off other people's garbage in what the World Bank calls the most … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Gauteng's online admissions postponed: JOHANNESBURG – Gauteng's education department has postponed online applications. This after a number of school governing bodies threatened … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
- Gauteng's online admissions postponed: JOHANNESBURG – Gauteng's education department has postponed online applications to 20 May. The postponement follows objections from school … – Google Alert – Johannesburg
Click here to submit your Johannesburg, Gauteng News – free.
Have you tried: Travelling to South Africa?
Did you know this about Johannesburg? The Standard Bank Centre is in Fox and Simmond Streets in central Johannesburg. During the excavation, three stories below ground level, they came across an old stope. It was part of the workings of the old Ferreira Mine. The building’s foundations were stabilised by backfilling the No. 1 level of the workings with concrete grout, but part of the stope was preserved as a museum. The building was completed in 1970. It was constructed by first building a central core and cantilever arms and then suspending the floors from the arms. The Centre houses a renowned art gallery.